GitLab & It’s Advantages
What is GitLab?
GitLab provides end-to-end DevOps capabilities and for each stage of the software development lifecycle. GitLab’s continues integration (CI) capabilities enable development teams to automate building and testing their code. Security capabilities are included with scan results presented to the developer within their native CI pipeline/workflow, and a dashboard assists with vulnerability management for the security professional.
Major Advantages of Gitlab
- It makes it easy to contribute to your open-source projects — Every open-source project uses GitHub to manage their project. Using GitHub is free if your project is open source and includes a wiki and issue tracker that makes it easy to include more in-depth documentation and get feedback about your project. If you want to contribute, you just fork a project, make your changes and then send them a pull request using GitHub web interface.
- Showcase your work — GitHub is the best tool you can rely on for this. Today, when searching for new recruits for their project, most companies look into the GitHub profiles. If your profile is available, you will have a higher chance of being recruited even if you are not from a great university or college.
- Markdown — Markdown allows you to use a simple text editor to write formatted documents. GitHub has revolutionized writing by channelling everything through Markdown: from the issue tracker, user comments, everything. With so many other programming languages to learn for setting up projects, it’s really a big benefit to have your content inputted in a format without having to learn yet another system.
- Documentation — By using GitHub, you make it easier to get excellent documentation. Their help section and guides have articles for nearly any topic related to git that you can think of.
- Integration options — GitHub can integrate with common platforms such as Amazon and Google Cloud, services such as Code Climate to track your feedback, and can highlight syntax in over 200 different programming languages.
- Track changes in your code across versions — When multiple people collaborate on a project, it’s hard to keep track revisions — who changed what, when, and where those files are stored. GitHub takes care of this problem by keeping track of all the changes that have been pushed to the repository. Much like using Microsoft Word or Google Drive, you can have a version history of your code so that previous versions are not lost with every iteration.
- GitHub is a repository — GitHub is a repository, it allows your work to get out there in front of the public. Moreover, GitHub is one of the largest coding communities around right now, so it’s wide exposure for your project.
At Laxaar, we cover all aspects of product delivery by combining end-to-end automation and performance testing with DevOps. For reference, you can look at https://www.laxaar.com/portfolio, We have offered our service to 77+ premium clients, & the ratings given by our clients imply that they are highly satisfied with the Product and the after-sales services like 24/7 Product Support, Partner Benefits, etc.
To gather more information about the budget required for creation a website or mobile app kindly visit https://www.laxaar.com/quote to get a complete Free Quote or an estimate for the budget requirements to have a Premium Well-Designed website that can attract your target audience.
Benefits of using React.js
Core features of Express.js
Express.js, or simply Express, is a back end web application framework for building RESTful APIs with Node.js that is available for free and open-source use under the MIT License.